Using the new Letter Management interface to generate letters and contracts.
We have re-designed our letter management interface to add functionality, increase efficiency and transparency and integrate DocuSign capability at Corporation, Client and Case levels! Users can now edit letters and contracts online – no more need to download and upload – and the updated audit log lets you track who changed what when while status management lets you set an individual status for each document.
Open The Letter Management interface by clicking Letters (MSWord) in the sub-menu. The interface has 2 sections – Available Templates and Letters.
On the left side of the screen, the “Available Templates” section lists all the templates defined in firm’s library. The Super Admin can add and edit templates in the interface; Case Managers may view and use templates and:
- Search and view templates by country (if firm has subscribed to multiple countries)
- View the version history by clicking on the document item
- Preview and edit the document and edit the document details by clicking on the document name
- Click on “Use” button next to a template to generate letter for given profile
On the right side of the screen, the “Letters” section lists all letters created for the record. It provides an ability to:
- View, Edit, Download, Print and Delete a letter
- Search generated letters
- Manage access level for corporation and client/foreign national
- Manage the status
- Not started
- In draft
- Sent for Signature
- Ready for printing
- Use “Fill Pending Keywords” action to pull the data for open keywords
- Use “Refresh Letter” action to recreate the letter
- Use “Activity Log” to view all the activities done on the letter as well as all the letters attached to the profile
- Print selected letters
- Upload letter from desktop for any ad-hoc letter preparation. Managing template library is recommended practice.
- Users may subscribe for DocuSign feature. Letter management now supports DocuSign to send letters for electronic signature wherever electronic signature is permitted/allowed.
Editing a letter template:
To edit a template, click the name of the template to expand the template details, then click the document.
Using a letter template:
To generate a letter, select a template from the library and click Use.The template will move to the Letters section, where the user may take further actions.
Editing a letter detail:
Once a template is moved to the letter section, users may edit the letter details by clicking the edit icon in the actions menu. In the pop up, users may edit the title and access to the letter.
Edit the letter content:
Once a template is moved to the letter section, click the name of the letter to open it in MS Word online.Users may type in any changes; they are automatically saved.
Adding additional letters:
Users may add additional letters using the method above; however, all documents on the Letters side must have a status of In Draft, Sent for Signature or Ready for Printing before another document can be moved over.
Fill Pending Keywords:
Sometimes data collection happens over a period of time. As such, some of the keywords remain open as there is no data available for them. “Fill Pending Keywords” action can be used to update these keywords when corresponding data is collected or updated.
Use this link to recreate a letter from scratch.
Print or Download a letter:
To print or download a letter, select the Preview icon from the Actions menu, the use the print menu in the pop-up box to print or download the document.
Upload a document from the desktop:
If the Super Admin has not uploaded a template you need, you may upload a document from the desktop.Click the Upload button, select a document from your computer by clicking the Browse button or dragging the document to the drop zone.Create a title and set the access, then click Save. The user may then edit, print, download or email the document.
Users may email documents using DocuSign.See the training here to set up DocuSign for the first time.
To send a letter via DocuSign, click the Enable DocuSign Service link:
- Select the Yes radio button under "Do you have a DocuSign Account?"
- Click the Authenticate with DocuSign button to log in to your account.
- Follow the DocuSign process to send the document.