Send important messages to prospects, clients, and corporate case managers using the Broadcast Message tool
Case managers and Super Admins may create messages In INSZoom to send to Clients, Corporations and Prospects. Broadcast messaging can be used to:
- on-board multiple INSZoom users at once
- notify former and current clients of document expirations or priority dates
- reach out to prospects regarding your services
- reach out to former current and prospective clients regarding new government regulations that may impact their status
To access the broadcast module:
- Mouse-over Setup and select Settings
- Under Section 4. Tools, select Organization Tools.
- Under Section 3. Broadcast, select Broadcast Messages. The Broadcast interface will open in a new tab.
The default view is All Messages.Users may use the drop-down to see messages by status:
- Failed - messages that were created and launched but failed to send to all recipients
There are three components to using the feature:
- Selecting your Recipients
- Creating a message
- Scheduling the broadcast
Users should define and create each component prior to setting it up in the broadcast module.
Creating a recipient list
There are two methods for creating a recipient list in the broadcast module; users may create a list from a report or use the tool presented in the broadcast module.
Creating a recipient list from a report
Users with access to the Reports module may create a list by running a report. In order to use the data from reports, however, the data must be converted into the proper format for the broadcast template.
To download the template:
- Select New Message
- In the Choose Recipients drop-down, select Import your own list
- In the pop-up, click the Download Template icon
Save the template to your computer.
Next run the report. It is vital that the report you select contains an email address field. The Super Admin may need to create an Ad Hoc report for non—admin users. For this example, I selected the US Document Expiration report.
Select the report from the menu. Filter the report for your intended audience. Click the Export File button. Click the Download to Excel file link. Open the file.
Copy the email addresses from the report and paste them into the template. The template can only hold the email address; no other column headers or other data should be included. Save the template with the email addresses to your computer.
Returning to the Choose Recipient’s field in your broadcast message, select Import your own list from the drop-down. Click Browse to upload your template, then click Save.
Creating a recipient list using the broadcast module filter
To create a list using the Broadcast Recipient tool, from the main dashboard click New Message. Click on the drop-down menu under Choose Recipients. In the first field, use the drop-down to select from:
- All Contacts
- All foreign nationals for specific petition
- Specific Corporation
- Import your own list (use if you created a list in Reports)
Next, select the next level of filtering:
- All corporate users
- All Corporation Foreign Nationals
- All individual Foreign Nationals
- Prospective corporations (additionally by conversion possibility status – High, Medium, Low, All)
- Prospective clients (additionally by conversion possibility status – High, Medium, Low, All)
and by contact status:
- in active
A link to a list of recipients will render.
Creating a new broadcast message
Next you will enter a subject into the subject field.
Create your message. Users may create a new message manually, upload a message from their computer or use a message template from the drop-down menu. You may choose from firm-defined or Zoom-defined email templates. Note: Email templates are loaded into the KnowledgeBase by the Super Admin.
The drop-down menu also includes the Login ID message template; this is a predefined message used to send a link for new INSZoom users to login and create their password. This could also be used when on-boarding a new corporate client with multiple Corporate users (Enterprise only).
To manually create a message, enter your content into the message field and then format as desired. Use the browse button to attach a document if needed.
Scheduling the broadcast
Once you’ve created your message and validated your recipients, users may send the message, save it as a draft or schedule it to be sent in the future.
Send the message immediately
To send the message immediately schedule it for the current date. Users may choose 1-hour increments. The time must be scheduled after the actual current time. For example, if it is 3 pm, the broadcast must be scheduled after that time. Click Schedule.
Scheduling the message
To schedule the message for delivery in the future, enter a date and the time into the respective fields. Click Schedule.