What does it offer?
Letter management now addresses the following aspects-
Improve efficiency and version control with the ability to easily manage template library
Improve efficiency by simplifying the letter generation and editing functions
Improve efficiency, transparency, and collaboration by adding status management feature that helps all stakeholders to know the status and by providing audit log
Improve efficiency by adding an electronic signature with DocuSign capability
The letter management module is redesigned for-
Ability to view and manage template library from any level
Ability to edit letters online for Docx files (no need to download and edit)
Ability to manage the workflow and status
Ability to electronically sign the letter using DocuSign
Where can I find the Letter Management module?
Letters (MS Word) module in “Case Manager Portal” at
· Prospect profile
· Corporation profile
· Client/Foreign National Profile
· Case Profile
How does it work?
The letter management interface has 2 parts
1. Available Templates
The left side box of “Available Templates” lists all the templates defined in the firm’s library. If a user has “Knowledge-Base View and Update Access”, user can add and edit templates right there.
It provides an ability to
· view templates by country (if the firm has subscribed to multiple countries)
· search for a template
· click on “Use” button next to the template to generate a letter for a given profile
Template files with .DOCX extension can only be viewed and edited online. Any old files with .DOC extension need to be downloaded to a desktop for editing.
The right side box of “Letters” lists all the attached letters for a profile. It provides an ability to
· View, Edit, Download, Print and Delete a letter
· Search letters
· Manage access level for corporation and client/foreign national
· Manage the status-
Sent for Signature
Ready for printing
· Use “Fill Pending Keywords” action to pull the data for open keywords
Sometimes data collection happens over a period. So, some of the keywords remain open as there is no data available for them. “Fill Pending Keywords” action can be used to update these keywords when corresponding data is collected or updated.
· Use “Refresh Letter” action to recreate the letter
· Use “Activity Log” to view all the activities done on the letter as well as all the letters attached to the profile
· Print selected letters
· Upload letter from the desktop for any ad-hoc letter preparation. Managing template library is recommended practice.
· Users can subscribe to the DocuSign feature. Letter management now supports DocuSign to send letters for electronic signature wherever electronic signature is permitted/allowed.